With Spring coming, it is time to get our hands dirty and start cleaning up the house after Winter. In such times, I love to take out my favorite electric power washer for home use. If you are looking for one, I have written a review focusing on the best power washer under 200. In this one, I am going to go a bit high end and introduce some great models at prices under 300 or even 400. You don’t necessary have to get these if you are happy with your current under $200 electric power washer.
GreenWorks GW1501 review: Portable and reliable cleaning
The GreenWorks GW1501 is a hand-carry lightweight pressure washer that is small enough to carry anywhere. Its waterproof universal 13-amp, 1,500-watt motor is powerful enough to release 1,500 pounds per square inch (PSI) and 1.2 gallons per minute (GPM), which makes the equipment ideal for the average homeowners and auto owners. Explore these cons and pros of having this machine for a well-informed purchasing decision.
- Despite the PSI/GPM output of this GreenWorks product being in the low-end scale, the equipment is still powerful enough to bring back the former beauty of dirty and grime-laden concrete steps, stone paths, patios, brickworks and driveways. It’s basically useful for light to medium pressure washing applications. On the other hand, it’s gentle enough to blast dirt from cars, windows and wooden decks.
- You have several options for the water flow. The machine comes with two Quick Connect spraying tips, specifically a 25-degree nozzle and a 40-degree one. A detergent bottle is also included and can be attached to the nozzle to release soapy foam, which is ideal for cleaning cars.
- The unit includes an adjustable wand so that you can conveniently wash hard-to-reach corners such as gutters as well as high areas such as fascias.
- The product is certified by the Pressure Washer Manufacturers’ Association (PWMA), thus, its performance has passed the standard tests. In addition, GreenWorks provides a 1-year product warranty on this pressure washer, giving you peace of mind that you’ll have the service you require should you need something fixed or repaired for your unit.
- The GW1501 lets you clean a wide area on your property especially when operating outdoor, thanks to the power cord of 35 feet with ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) that makes it safe for use with exterior outlets.
- The high pressure hose of 20 feet also further extends your reach. It is made of flexible, durable materials that will last a long time.
- The unit is fully assembled when shipped to your doorstep, which means that you can start cleaning right away when you receive it.
- The equipment is heavy on the top, and thus, it can often fall down. Fortunately, it is designed to be used either horizontally or vertically to ensure stability while using.
- There are only two spraying tips offered with the product. However, authentic GreenWorks nozzle tips are available for purchase should you want a different stream for various types of cleaning.
Tips for Using the GreenWorks GW1501
Let these tips help you utilize the equipment to its maximum potential.
- The pressure washer can be stored horizontally or vertically but make sure you have an ample space of at least 17.1 inches in height, 11.4 inches in length and 9.4 inches in width. When placed on shelves, see to it that the base can hold at least 12 pounds.
- If you need to use water pressure of less than the 1,500 PSI that the GW1501 can generate, you can do so by using a nozzle with a wider spray angle. You can further lower the water pressure by spraying farther from the surface, such as glass panes or delicate car exteriors.
The GreenWorks GW1501 pressure washer is your trusted lightweight, portable equipment to do power cleaning in and around your home. It is powerful enough to restore the former glory of brickworks and concrete surfaces but still gentle enough to wash your glass panes and car exteriors clean. If you’re looking for a handy pressure washer for your home and car, consider this product.
Another model that can be consider the best pressure washer under $300 is the Sun Joe SPX3001 Electric Pressure Washer. It is packed with practical features that make light to heavy residential cleaning a hassle-free and quick task. It is also designed as a stylish and easy-to-store machine. Check out the pros and cons of this equipment to find out if it will truly suit your needs.
Strengths of the Product
- This Sun Joe pressure washer runs on a 1,800-watt, 14.5-amp motor that produces as much as 2,030 PSI (pounds per square inch) and 1.76 GPM (gallons per minute). With this output, the machine can provide moderate power that is great for blasting off grease from carport floors, tar from roadways and stubborn mildew on pathways and decks.
- The machine can also be used with milder cleaning tasks such as removing debris from window sills, cleaning the exteriors of boats, cars and trailers, and taking out dirt from glass surfaces and outdoor furniture. This is possible with the 5 removable spray tips that provide a wide range of water blasting options. To avoid losing or misplacing these spray tips, they can be neatly stored near the machine’s handle when not in use.
- The equipment comes with an extension spray wand of 34 inches, which make it easy for you to clean tight spaces and high or hard-to-reach places like outer walls and fascia as well as under the vehicles and decks.
- The large-capacity onboard soap tank has a capacity of 1.2 liters or 40.6 fluid ounces for continuous cleaning without stopping for detergent refills.
- The big wheels at the rear make the SPX3001 a convenient machine to move in and around your property.
- After-cleaning and pre-storing tasks are easy and quick, thanks to the onboard hose reel system. All you have to do is turn the handle to conveniently roll the hose into place.
- Power Joe is a CSA-approved machine, thus, you can have peace of mind knowing that you’ll be purchasing a quality, safe product. To have further assurance, the manufacturer offers product warranty of 2 years.
- This Sun Joe product is run with electricity, which can make you worry about high energy bills especially when you’re constantly using the machine. You don’t have to worry though, as the equipment has a Total Stop System which shuts the pump automatically when trigger not in use, saving you electricity and extending the life of the machine.
- Unlike the earlier Sun Joe SPX3000 model, the SPX3001 only has one soap tank, which can be problematic or a hassle when your task requires two types of detergent or cleaning solution.
Helpful Tips for Using Sun Joe Pressure Washer
Here are some excellent tips to maximize your use of the equipment:
- Your storage space should have a minimum dimension of 34 inches in height, 15.6 inches in width and 13.5 inches in length. If placed on a shelf or a raised platform, the base should have a carrying capacity of at least 31 pounds.
- Plan your cleaning especially when you have to cover a wide area. Remember that the machine has a 6-meter or 20-feet hose and a power cord of 10.7 meter or 35 feet.
- While the machine has maintenance-free motor, you might want to take extra efforts to maintain the pump especially during winter by applying the necessary antifreeze and lubricant.
The Sun Joe SPX3001 provides great value for the money especially when you’re looking for a powerful pressure washer that efficiently cleans and can be conveniently stored for domestic use. It’s lighter, quieter and easier to operate than gas-powered ones.
Overall, these 2 are the top rated electric pressure washer under $300. Both packed a punch in their water cleaning although not in the same range as the top tier pressure washers. Faults wise, there isn’t much to pick from although they are really good choices to consider.